Saturday, January 26, 2008

Wow...!


Whoa, talk about a stunner. I made a hat band for my sister-in-law for Christmas. She wanted to give one to her niece as a present and while my sister-in-law was here for a visit she picked the colors and let me do a design.

This morning I got pictures of said same hat band on a hat sitting on a saddle and it took me a second to figure it out, no one said I was bright early in the morning without coffee come on folks some slack would be nice, I made that hat band and it is residing on a hat back in New Jersey. Thus, the wow stunner. Not to mention that they saddle this kid got for Christmas is really nice, a Circle Y no less. For those of you who know saddles, Circle Y is a really nice saddle, I prefer TexTan Herefords myself, they fit me better but still, the only Circle Y I could ever afford was used but then the only saddles I've ever been able to afford are, wait for it, used.

I digress, back to the shock of the hat band. It is weird and I am pretty sure anyone who makes things and sells them has the same reaction to seeing their product on someone else. I think about all the material that went into it, I remember the beads or stones, the silver and wire I strung the stones on, I don't just loom beads folks, I make other jewelry too, and whether I liked the piece or not. Just because I made it doesn't mean I would wear it. If that were the case I would never sell anything. I try to make things that will appeal to lots of people not just one type so I don't always like what I make. Don't misunderstand, I don't hate it, it just isn't my type of whatever, colors, stones, designs.

In a nut shell, I was really proud to see my work on some one and to know that they really love it, that alone makes what I do worth while and will keep me working away at it until word gets out and I can make money enough to support my beading habit.

No comments: